Thursday, December 15, 2011

A New Blog From Mr. Kohrs

Throughout the school year, I receive/entertain a great many questions from many of you on matters of the intersection between science and faith.  I try to be careful in discussing these with you, as I do have certain ethical boundaries to which I must adhere as your teacher.  I can, however, freely talk about myself and my personal beliefs if asked and if I deem it is appropriate.  I thank you for those opportunities and will always be careful to tread lightly in these areas.

It is in this vein that I choose to share with you a new project that I am embarking upon that will explore the boundary, or confluence, between science and faith.  It will be a little more personal on my part at times, but educational as well.  My goal is to explore ways in which science and faith can be brought together.  In our culture, particularly amongst Christians here in the USA (as it really isn't an issue outside of the USA), there is a great deal of conflict in this area.  As a result, science and faith are usually thought of as mutually exclusive, where one cannot coexist with the other. 

I reject this proposition whole-heartedly.  As a scientist and a Christian, I see no need for conflict.  Anyway, check out General Revelations if you are interested in reading any further...

No comments:

Post a Comment